Telltale’s Guardians of the Galaxy voice cast revealed
Telltale has unveiled some new details about its upcoming Guardians of the Galaxy project, including the vocal talent behind the game’s characters and a more specific release window for the game’s first episode.
The first episode of the series will premiere sometime this spring and, similar to past Telltale games, interested fans can either purchase individual episodes digitally, buy a season pass which includes all of the episodes, or get a retail disc which includes the first episode and free downloads for subsequent episodes.
As for the voice cast, the game won’t have any connections to the Guardians of the Galaxy films, which sadly means players won’t get to hear more of Chris Pratt as Star-Lord or Vin Diesel as Groot. However, the actors behind the game’s characters should still be familiar to gamers:
- Scott Porter (Friday Night Lights, The Walking Dead: The Telltale Series) as Star-Lord
- Emily O’Brien (The Young and the Restless, Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor) as Gamora
- Nolan North (the Uncharted series, Pretty Little Liars) as Rocket
- Brandon Paul Eells (Watch Dogs) as Drax
- Adam Harrington (The Wolf Among Us, League of Legends) as Groot
Lastly, Telltale offered a brief synopsis of the game’s plot:
“In the wake of an epic battle, the Guardians discover an artifact of unspeakable power. Each of them has a reason to desire this relic, as does a ruthless enemy who is the last of her kind, and who will stop at nothing to tear it from their hands.”
More information about Telltale’s Guardians of the Galaxy series will be revealed later today during a panel at PAX East which is set to be held at 3 p.m. PST (6 p.m. EST).