Rock Band dev announces new DJing game, Fuser
Since the Rock Band come back pretty much fizzled in 2015-16, developer Harmonix had been spending a lot of time in the VR space, but are now looking to head back to consoles with a new game called Fuser.
Fuser is a DJing game where players are tasked with creating mixes live in front of a virtual music festival. Some of the music featured in game comes from artists like Billie Eilish, The Chainsmokers, Imagine Dragons, Lil Nas X, Lizzo, Migos, Post Malone, among others.
Players can take a piece of a song, like vocals, drum beat, keys, bass, or guitar and fuse it with sounds from other songs to make an original mix. If you ever played Harmonix’s board game/mobile game hybrid, Dropmix, it’s very similar.
Here are the first 16 songs announced to be included:
- 50 Cent - "In da club"
- Billie Eilish – “bad guy”
- Blue Öyster Cult – “(Don’t Fear) The Reaper”
- The Chainsmokers ft. Daya – “Don’t Let Me Down”
- The Clash – “Rock the Casbah”
- Fatboy Slim – “The Rockafeller Skank"
- Imagine Dragons – “Thunder”
- J. Balvin & Willy William – “Mi Gente”
- Lady Gaga – “Born This Way”
- Lil Nas X ft. Billy Ray Cyrus – “Old Town Road (Remix)”
- Lizzo – “Good As Hell”
- LMFAO ft. Lauren Bennett & GoonRock – “Party Rock Anthem”
- Migos – “Stir Fry”
- Post Malone – “Better Now”
- Smash Mouth – “All Star”
- Warren G & Nate Dogg – “Regulate”
If you’re wondering if it’ll be anything like Activision’s DJ Hero franchise, no, it’s not. It’s not a rhythm-based game, and it doesn’t appear to come with any type of DJ peripheral. Look for Fuser to launch some time this year. Check out the announcement trailer and game play trailers below: