Meet Jackhammer, GameCrate's First Editorial Rig
Just 24 hours ago, GameCrate welcomed the arrival of Jackhammer, our first editorial PC. Built by and named after GameCrate's own marketing manager, Jack Phung, the gaming computer will be used to benchmark and review the latest PC games. In addition to video game reviews, Jackhammer will also be used to benchmark hardware and gaming peripherals.
- Motherboard: Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97
- CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K Quad-Core 4.0 GHz
- RAM: G.SKILL Trident X Series 16 GB (8GB x 2)
- Graphics: MSI GTX 980 x 2
- SSD: OCZ RevoDrive 350 (480 GB) and Samsung 840 EVO (500 GB)
- Case: Corsair Graphite 780T ATX Full Tower (Black)
- Power Supply: Corsair HXi HX1000i 1000W (Full modular)
The Genesis of Jackhammer
This is only the beginning
While already featuring impressive specs, Jackhammer is actually just a foundation for what is to come. In order to keep up with the breakneck speed at which the computer hardware industry moves, we'll be regularly upgrading Jackhammer with the latest parts. The benefits of this are two-fold: we'll be able to review (and admire) the graphics of PC games at their highest settings, and we'll also be able provide benchmarks that will serve as a baseline for those who want to recreate our results.
We already have our first update folks, thanks to commentator ProphetBeal. We've added:
We've upgraded our old monitor to a spiffy new BenQ XL2430T gaming monitor!
What do you think of our build? What parts should we look to add in the future? Let us know in the comments below!