Lord of the Rings Online finally brings players into Mordor
As of this past April, Turbine’s long-running MMORPG Lord of the Rings Online, an MMO title based in J.R.R. Tolkien’s popular Lord of the Rings universe, is officially ten years old, and it is just now bringing players into the dark realm of Mordor courtesy of its latest expansion.
The expansion, which is aptly titled Mordor, will officially launch on July 31 and it will include the following new features:
- Over 300 new quests set in the new in-game realm of Mordor
- A massive overhaul for the game’s crafting and gear systems
- A new playable race: High Elves
- A new Allegiance system which allows players to pick different factions to ally with and earn rewards for doing so
- A new cluster of instanced dungeons and a new raid
The Mordor expansion can be pre-ordered now, with the base version of the expansion costing $39.99 (the core Lord of the Rings Online experience is free-to-play). There’s also a $79.99 Collector’s Edition and $129.99 ‘Ultimate Fan Bundle,’ both of which grant access to additional in-game perks and bonuses.