Destiny 2: How to get the Truth Exotic rocket launcher
Destiny 2’s latest Exotic weapon quest has added in a beloved weapon from the original Destiny: the Truth rocket launcher. Truth’s unique ‘Prototype Trueseeker’ perk actually causes its rockets to curve and bend mid-flight so that they detonate as close to your target as possible. Given the universal viability of the Prototype Trueseeker perk, Truth is an excellent weapon to have no matter your game mode preferences. In this guide, we’ll explain how you can unlock the Truth Exotic weapon for yourself.
Finish a Menagerie Run
To begin the Truth quest, you simply need to finish a single full run of the new Menagerie activity. When you open the final reward chest, you’ll receive an Exotic pursuit item called A Scrap of Paper in addition to your usual rewards. You’ll be directed to bring the Scrap of Paper to Petra Venj in the Dreaming City.
Complete an Ascendant Challenge
When you bring Petra the Scrap of Paper, she’ll tell you that you need to complete an Ascendant Challenge to restore the paper’s hidden Awoken script. There’s a different Ascendant Challenge in the Dreaming City every week, so you might have to do a little research after grabbing the Ascendant Challenge bounty from Petra. Once you figure out where your week’s Ascendant Challenge is located, drink a Tincture of Queensfoil to reveal the challenge’s portal and finish the full challenge.
After completing the Ascendant Challenge, you’ll be awarded a new Exotic pursuit item called ‘A Map Asunder.’ The map is fragmented, and you’ll need to restore the fragments before you can continue.
Restore the Map
There are four map fragments in total, and each fragment requires two separate steps to fully restore it. First, you have to find the physical fragment itself. After that, you have to complete a specific series of tasks to restore the fragment. You’ll find the fragment locations and challenges below.
- The Bay of Drowned Wishes Lost Sector in the Dreaming City. You’ll need the Ascendant buff from a Tincture of Queensfoil to see a series of platforms in the sector’s large open beach area. The fragment is up on those platforms
- The Jetsam of Saturn area on the Tangled Shore. Head into the cave corridors leading to the Mindbender boss arena and you’ll encounter a large group of Hive led by a mini-boss Hive Ogre. Slay the Ogre and it will drop the fragment.
- The Cistern on Nessus. Make sure you’re Ascendant and look over at the middle of the large Vex Milk lake to spot another series of platforms. The fragment is found at the top of the platforms.
- To get the final fragment, all you need to do is finish any Nightfall strike.
- Get 50 rocket launcher kills on Nessus while Ascendant
- Get 100 Hive kills on the Tangled Shore
- Complete three Nightfall strikes with a minimum handicap of -100 and get 60 rocket launcher kills in Nightfall strikes. Applying the heavyweight modifier helps, and you just need to make sure you get at least 20 rocket launcher kills per strike.
- Complete a Corsair Down challenge in the Dreaming City. Completing the challenge requires finding a Corsair Badge off of slain Scorn enemies and then going to the location where the badge directs you. Once there, you need to find a fallen Corsair body in a randomized spot and examine it to spawn a mini-boss. Slay the boss and take the restored badge to a Dreaming City corsair outpost (they’re identified by their large Awoken banners like the one in the above screenshot).
Complete the Warden of Nothing Strike
With the map restored, you’ll be sent into the Warden of Nothing strike on the Tangled Shore. Drink another Tincture of Queensfoil to make sure you’re Ascendant before you begin the strike. Throughout the strike, you’ll notice small glowing relics which look kind of like the planet Saturn. Players have yet to determine just how many of these relics are hidden throughout the strike, but for the Truth quest you only need to find five of them.
You can consult this handy Reddit thread for a running list of relic locations. Again, make sure you only activate five of them as players have reported issues when they tried to activate more than five.
Note that if your fireteam wipes, you’ll need to go back and re-activate any relics you previously found. You’ll know you’ve found enough when you see an ‘All Platforms Have Been Revealed’ message on your HUD. After that, proceed through the strike as normal and kill the final Servitor boss. Once the boss is dead, look behind the boss arena platform to spot yet another series of platforms (they’re only visible while you’re Ascendant). Navigate the platforms to reach a chest containing the Truth rocket launcher.
Take Truth back to Werner 99-40 on Calus' barge on Nessus to complete the quest and add the weapon to your arsenal.